Tuesday, March 6, 2012

All things Peru!

I am so unbelievably excited for this trip. Over the last few weeks I have been doing a lot to get ready, so I figured I'd post an update! I still can hardly believe its happening, 3 months after surgery. I can't believe my parents are letting me leave the country without them! (Especially because of how jealous they are that I am hiking the Inca Trail before they do!) I can't believe that all I  have to pay are my personal costs (Thanks to Convatec's sponsorship!) I can't believe I have been given this opportunity! There are many things I can't believe, but it is becoming more real each day, and I am sure it will really hit me when I head home this weekend to start packing!

So far I have been putting things aside that I know I will need. I have had to go out and buy numerous pairs of pants for hiking in because the temperature will be around 40 to 60 degrees Fahrenheit, although when I'm there I will have to figure out Celsius! I have also been searching around for different foods to bring and eat now to keep my energy up! I have found these really good "Zone" Bars that are delicious (because there is lots of chocolate!) and there are no nuts or granola pieces in it that I can't eat!!! They also have 200 calories and a lot of protein and vitamins! I have also been having a Boost shake a day which is another really good source of calories and protein and CHOCOLATE!

So besides buying a ton of things to get ready for the trip, I also have been working on getting in a little bit better shape! (Not that I was in bad shape, I just need to be able to hike for 6+ Hours a day.) So aside from hitting the gym and getting back into Zumba classes regularly, I went skiing on Sunday which was really great! Once we got back from skiing, (around 5:15) we rushed off to Zumba for 5:30! Needless to say, yesterday I was incredibly sore, but hopefully it will be worth it so I won't be as sore when I'm in Peru!

This weekend I will be heading home to pack up my bags because I leave in 9 days! Next Thursday my parents will come and pick me up and we will head down to Portland from Farmington so I can be at the airport for 4:30 in the morning! My parents have been doing a lot for me back home, ordering pants and rain gear! Hopefully I will get everything taken care of this weekend! For now I really have to try to focus on school work, which unfortunately is a little difficult with such a great trip coming up!

Thanks for reading!
Holly

(This is a picture from skiing Sunday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment